School Bus Travel
Renew your school bus pass
On this page, you can apply to renew your place on either a primary or secondary school bus service for September, 2020.
Please ensure you select the correct form for either primary school or secondary school as appropriate.
For assistance, carefully read the text below or check the frequently asked questions at the bottom of this page. If you still require help, please telephone 0113 3481122.
Some customers have reported problems filling out the forms on some mobile devices. If you experience problems, we would advice using a desktop or laptop or use a different browser on your mobile device. [Tested as working on Android, using Firefox and Chrome.]
Secondary School Services
This application form is for renewals only and to be used if your child currently has a yellow Priority PhotoCard valid for the this school year 2020-2021. It is not to be used to make a brand new application or if your child has a zero fare Boarding Card or zero fare School Pass.
All applications must be received strictly no later than the 30th June, 2020. Any applications received after that date will not be prioritised.
At the end of the application you will be given confirmation of receipt and a reference number. Please print out or make a note of this reference as without it, we cannot locate your application if you need to make further enquiry. There is no need to call us to confirm receipt as this reference is proof of receipt.
Please do not use this form to renew or to apply for statutory zero fare passes.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive my pass?
- We will process applications during the summer holidays
- Passes will be sent out from mid August.
I have made a mistake on the form, how do I correct it?
- If you have not submitted the form, you can go back to each page using your browser, or simply exit the application and start again.
- If you have already submitted your application, telephone us with the reference number and we will delete the application. You will then have to start the application again. We cannot find your application without the reference number.
I cannot find my child's school listed on the form or my child's date of birth is invalid.
- Check you are using the correct form- either primary or secondary school. Dates of birth are restricted to a certain range on each form.
I can't enter my postcode on the form!
- The forms do not check or validate your postcode, only the format. Entering with or without a space is acceptable, for example, LS1 2DE or LS12DE. If one format doesn't work, try the other!
Mybus Replacement – Secondary Schools
The West Yorkshire Combined Authority organises transport services for around 30,000 secondary school pupils and students across West Yorkshire.
The vast majority of these young people travel on the general public transport network or on special double-deck bus services run under contract by the bus companies.
Around 20% travel on Mybus yellow bus services, which were introduced around 13 years ago. The Combined Authority owns the vehicles used on these services. Their purchase was funded by a grant received from central government.
Because these Mybus yellow buses are approaching the end of their operational life and are becoming increasingly expensive to operate and maintain, the Combined Authority will be disposing of them at auction and introducing vehicles owned by the bus companies instead.
As a result, Mybus services at your school will be replaced by double-deck buses from the start of the 2018/2019 school year.
Although this represents a change to the type of vehicle provided, it brings services in line with similar services already operating across the county and I can assure you the bus operators will be required to provide the same levels of documentation, ensuring the already high safety levels are maintained.